|Las Vegas World Souvenirs|
|Description of sign(s)|
1. Name: Las Vegas World Souvenirs
2. Owner: property leased from MGM Mirage
3. Address: 3710 S. Las Vegas Blvd.891-9428
3b. Additional Site Details: Located in the same lowrise building which the Las Vegas Helicopter Tours is located. See Las Vegas Helicopter Tours.
4. Condition: Structure 5 Surface 5 Lighting 5
Notes: All of the lighting, surface, and structure seem to be intact, and in good repair. The signage appears fairly new, and less worn.
5. Form: fasica
6. Specfic Description: The Las Vegas World Souvenir shop and market, boasts a collection of signage, almost completely crafted out of channel letters. The basic design is an entablature created on the wall above a pedestrian's head. The entablature runs along the south, east, and north faces of the building. The design is essentially channel letter words separated by channel designed stars. On the south wall the sequence reads, "star shape, 'drinks,' star, 'souvenirs,' star then 'market'." The interior of the star shapes are lined along the contours with yellow neon. The all caps lettering has red neon tubing on the interior. The sequence on the east side of the building reads from left to right, " star shape, 'Souvenirs,' star shape, 'Las Vegas World,' star shape, 'drinks,' then another star shape." The words "souvenir" and "drinks" are spelled in the same text and size as the south side, while the phrase "Las Vegas World" is larger fulfilling most of the height of the entablature. The north side of the building is similar to that on the south. This side reads , "Souvenirs, star shape, 'Market,' star shape, 'Film,' and another star shape." On the wall below the pediment closed face channel letters spell two phrases. The black channel letters are faced with red translucent faces. The first phrase reads , "Daily Grand Canyon Flights," in all caps. The second reads "Nightly strip rides in all capitals.
7. Type of Display: neon, incandescent
8. Media: steel, plastic
9. Non-neon treatments: n/a
10. Animation: chasing
11. Environment: See Las Vegas Helicopter Tours.
1. Manufacturer: SSI
2. Designer: unkn
3. Date of Installation: 1996
4. Date(s) of any major redesign/move: n/a
5. Thematic Influence: See Las Vegas Helicopter Tours.
6. Artistic Significance: n/a
© 2016 University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Do not copy or reuse without permission.
Last modified Monday, 05-Apr-2010 11:45:28 PDT